Clover Flower Crown, 18 x 14 inches

Clover Flower Crown by Elizabeth Floyd, oil on linen, 18 x 14 inches

Clover Flower Crown, Naomi

My dear daughter Naomi turned five yesterday.

This portrait of Naomi was of a fun afternoon when I was not feeling well and we were hanging out on a blanket in our backyard. I was laying back and she began to gather clover flowers for me to make me feel better. It was so cute, that I was revived enough to make her a flower crown of the clover flowers found in our yard. We had three different types of clover, the common White Clover, Red Clover, and Large Hop Clover. I loved how each of them worked together. Weeds can be wonderful things, even if they do try to take over sometimes :)

This is how she looks this summer, sun-kissed with freckles, shoulder length hair and a whimsical smile.

…………………………………………………………….
Framed Painting
{18″ x 14″ – oil on linen}
…………………………………………………………….

Leave a comment (11) Filed under Artwork, figurative

11 Comments

• Melissa Ferring
    Posted July 23, 2016 at 10:15 am | Permalink

Liz~ What a stunning portrait of your beautiful Naomi, and such a heartwarming story of her gathering flowers to make you feel better. You caught the moment in beautiful fashion for sure. This is truly lovely!
    All best and thanks for sharing, Melissa

• Elizabeth
      Posted July 23, 2016 at 8:12 pm | Permalink

• Posted July 23, 2016 at 11:46 am | Permalink

Lovely portrait. Happy belated birthday to Naomi! She is beautiful, Liz. I hope you are enjoying summer. Cheers, L

• Elizabeth
      Posted July 23, 2016 at 8:13 pm | Permalink

Hi Loi! Yes, summer has been very fun and seeing it through Naomi’s eyes is like having a second childhood.

• Nathalie
    Posted July 23, 2016 at 1:26 pm | Permalink

Liz,

I keep coming back to your painting of your daughter. It’s striking and magical. I love the way the light fall on her skin and the tender way you portray Naomi with the wild flowers.

All the best, Nath.

• Elizabeth
      Posted July 23, 2016 at 8:14 pm | Permalink

Thank you Nath, I am glad you also respond to the way light was falling on her.

• Tania Arthur
    Posted July 23, 2016 at 5:19 pm | Permalink

Elizabeth this is so beautiful and your story really warmed my heart. It must have been so fulfilling to be able to paint your beloved daughter. It is something that I aspire to. My own precious daughter is twenty now. But still often five in my mind. All the best. Tania.

• Elizabeth
      Posted July 23, 2016 at 8:15 pm | Permalink

Tania, thank you, it was amazing how everything came together, Naomi wanting to pose for the camera, the light and day, and then the painting process.

• Posted July 26, 2016 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

What an adorable little girl, masterfully portrayed by her own mom. Naomi’s eyes seem to reflect the love and joy that she is seeing in her mother’s eyes. The flowers in her hair are so whimsical. It’s so apparent you were having a fun beautiful day together. Very touching and inspirational portrait.

• Elizabeth
      Posted July 26, 2016 at 1:57 pm | Permalink

Thank you Cheryl :) Yes even days that start out not so remarkable become so when I am spending time with Naomi :)

• Posted August 16, 2016 at 8:00 pm | Permalink

To Elizabeth –

Your flower girl is a beautiful piece. The Salmagundi Club is proud to have you as a member.